Preparing a meal fit for a holiday AND a crowd is a challenge. Thankfully, we’ve got the perfect recipe! This turkey and dressing dish feeds 50. It can be prepared in a single CVap® oven. Try it at your next holiday gathering!
- Boneless No-Rolled Turkey (USDA commodity) – One 8lb
- Poultry seasoning – 2 Tbsp
- Olive Oil – 1 Tbsp
Settings: CVap Retherm Oven, Channel #1
Cook Time: 90 minutes (or until internal temperature reaches 165°F)
- Coat the turkey in olive oil and seasoning.
- Place on a roasting plaque. When the oven display reads LOAD, place the turkey in the oven and cook for approximately 90 minutes, or until the temperature reaches 165°F.
- Remove the turkey from the oven and allow it to cool completely.
- Chop meat into ½” cubes and keep refrigerated until ready to assemble and bake.
NOTE: Use recommended CVap equipment and settings for best possible results!
- Whole grain, enriched bread, cut into cubes – 3 lb 2 oz
- Ground white pepper – 2 tsp
- Dried blend of thyme, marjoram, sage – 2 Tbsp
- Fresh flat-leaf parsley – 2 Tbsp
- Yellow onion, chopped fine – 8 oz
- Celery, chopped fine – 4 oz
- Carrots, chopped fine – 4 oz
- Margarine or butter, melted – 12 oz
- Chicken stock (non-MSG, low sodium) – 2 qt
Mix all ingredients in a large bowl and keep refrigerated until ready to assemble and bake.
- Margarine or butter, room temperature – 6 oz
- Enriched flour – 7 oz
- Chicken stock or turkey stock (non-MSG, low sodium) – 3 qt
- In a medium mixing bowl, blend the flour and butter together to make a paste, and reserve.
- Using a saucepan, heat the stock to 140°F. Ladle 4 oz of hot stock into the paste.
- Using a whisk, blend together. Continue adding stock to paste until the paste becomes loose and resembles a slurry. Pour the slurry into the hot stock and heat to 165°F, whisking intermittently.
- Remove gravy and chill until ready to assemble and bake the recipe. Use hot stock only when the recipe will be assembled and baked immediately.
Putting It All Together: CVap Turkey and Dressing
Settings: CVap Retherm Oven, Channel #3
Cook time: 50 minutes (or until internal temperature reaches 165°F)
We prepared turkey, dressing, and gravy one day in advance and refrigerated it.
- Prepared two steam table pans by coating them lightly with non-stick spray.
- Divide the dressing mixture between the two pans, pressing it into the bottom.
- Add chopped, cooked turkey on top of the dressing.
- Pour turkey gravy over the top.
- Cover the pans were covered with foil and place in oven. After 30 minutes we removed the foil and continued cooking for an additional 20 minutes (OR until the internal temperature reaches 165°F).
This savory sensation can be served immediately or held in a CVap Holding Cabinet or oven until you’re ready to serve – (Vapor Temp 140°F / Air Temp 145°F).
Per Serving: 271 Calories, 19.79 g Protein, 18.31 g Carbohydrate, 12.63 g Total Fat, 2.92 g Saturated Fat, 45 mg Cholesterol, 366 IU Vitamin A, 0.4 mg Vitamin C, 2.21 mg Iron, 55 mg Calcium, 441mg Sodium, 0.8 g Dietary Fiber
*Recipe has been adapted from USDA/NFSMI recipe for “Turkey and Dressing Supreme.”