If you are looking for tender, perfectly cooked shrimp bathed in a light, buttery sauce with a bright, citrus-shallot flavor (with just a hint of thyme), you will really love this one. This might spark some menu ideas, since operators may be looking for a lighter fair in warm weather.
There is virtually no limit to what you can cook in CVap® using a sous vide preparation. Because of CVap equipment’s unique ability to create and maintain precise temperature environments, even the most delicate products – like shrimp or fish – will turn out beautifully every time.
- 12 shrimp or prawns, peeled (16-20 count)
- 1/4 cup clarified butter
- 1 medium shallot minced
- 1 1/2 tsp fresh thyme
- 1/4 tsp fresh grated lemon zest
- Place shrimp and all ingredients in the preferred bag for vacuum sealing.
- Vacuum seal shrimp (prawns) in a single even layer.
- Set CVap Cook and Hold Oven to 125°F Vapor Temp/ 125°F Air Temp. Allow to preheat for 30 minutes.
- Place vacuum-sealed shrimp in CVap oven for a minimum of 20 minutes.
- Maintain in CVap until ready to serve. When ready to serve, cut open and place in serving dish or toss with delicate pasta, such as capellini.
Preparation time: 15 minutes
Cooking time: 20 minutes
We’d love to try your favorite recipes too, so please share them!