We receive many inquiries about how to use CVap® Cook and Hold Ovens to stage great hamburgers, and we have been testing several methods for preparing great burgers. Below you’ll find our recommended procedures to stage hamburgers.
Advance Staging or Holding
- Preset CVap oven to 135°F food temperature and + 0 texture setting (legacy CVap)/135°F Vapor Temp/135°F Air Temp (new CVap). Allow about 30 minutes for pre-heat.
- Set timer to one hour.
- Place hamburgers on a parchment-lined sheet tray.
- Season with salt and pepper (optional).
- Allow burgers to reach a minimum endpoint of 130°F. This will take about an hour. If allowed to stay in this environment for 121 minutes, the burgers will then meet the FSIS (Food Safety Inspection Services) standard for the elimination of Salmonella and E. coli.
- Hold burgers until time to grill, or finish right before serving. You can continue to hold until ready to serve.
Stage Hamburgers, Gain Benefits
You gain many benefits by preparing a burger this way: increased burger size, increased juiciness, assured safety without overcooking, reduced service time to the consumer, and enhanced finish flavor due to shortened time period between finishing and serving.
Higher yield equals juicier burgers! Keep checking back, we will post more of our burger data soon. In the meantime, how about telling us your favorite method for cooking your burgers?
For more information about CVap equipment, please Contact Us.